Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sights and Sounds Expanded

What I forgot to add to the first sights and sounds of Pushkar:

Seen: From the Raju Restaurant Menu, Dal Makhani - a black lentil deficacy cooked in butter

Heard: There I was, blissfully (okay, stiffly) walking home from Yoga class, tired, sore, but thinking about how fortunate I am, and have always been, even when I didn't know it. What a blessing, being able to practice Yoga in the land it originated. Yes, all was well with the world, all was well with Eufemia, when I heard the fellow I passed on the main street call out to me, "Namaste-"

"Namaste!" I enthusiastically replied, thinking; 'What a strength it must be, this spiritual dynasty, to live somewhere where you greet each other this way, 'namaste' - the divine light in me acknowledges and bows to the divine light in you'

Then he adds "Hashish?" and the moment came to an abrupt halt. I kept walking.

No comments: