Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Change is the only constant in the Universe

A quote from the book Yoga School Dropout, by Lucy Edge:

"She told me that change occurs only when we become what we truly are, not when we are trying to be something we are not. Change can't happen when we are trying to escape our true nature. If I'd learnt anything I had learnt that; unfortunately when you travel you take yourself with you. Perhaps if I could just accept myself as I was and stop trying to be extraordinary, stop trying to be a Yoga Goddess, I would eventually make some progress."

Hear, hear! You go, Goddess.

I wasn't on a quest to become a Yoga Goddess, certainly not, because that would mean curtailing my intake of chocolate croissants after yoga class and hey, life is short enough already. I liked the quote, so I thought I'd pass it along.

The other thing I wanted to pass on was a recipe for Hello to the Queen, which I have googled many a time and still cannot locate. I must say, the Rajasthani are better at preparing this royal dessert than the folks in Varanasi (portions are bigger, ice cream tastes better)

Perhaps they make it with love in their hearts in Pushkar, and hash in their minds in Varanasi. They've got that body-mind connection thing covered. I guess the spirit is just assumed to be everywhere, like God.

Ice cream, chocolate croissants, they're just the messengers. Bliss in a bowl, in a bite.

Hari Om tat sat
(God is the Truth)

No comments: