Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This is Goodbye, Delhi

This is it.

I love this city, the whole 7% of it I've seen. I've probably seen 2% of India, so take my opinion with lots of salt. Just drink lots of water too and you'll be fine.

This is the tour I did today, http://www.salaambaalaktrust.com/ because I can't begin to put in to words what it was like. Nor can I describe what happens when you see a kid who was caught in a child labour situation re-united with his mother. (Meaning his family knew he was working, he was working to help them out, he got caught, and his mother was sent for and now the family has to promise that he won't be allowed to work, that he can go to school like other 10 year olds) If you saw the movie Salaam Bombay, the Trust was set up by the director Mira Nair to help streetkids, and is now managed by her mother.

This is it.

I should head back to the Hotel, pick up my abnormally heavy backpack and walk or rickshaw over to the New Delhi train station where my tour started this morning.

The direct Delhi-Kolkatta-Singapore-Korea-Terminal City express is calling. I should be home by Friday morning, 2 a.m. Delhi time.

I think it's gonna be a long night.

2 comments:

Caroline Liffmann said...

Safe journey Bunny-Ji! Sincerely, India-Ji

Eufemia said...

C-line, cannot wait to see you! Bahut bahut prem,
bunnny-ji