Friday, February 8, 2008

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Blog

Oh my dears, I apologise for the slow down in posting entries. As Swamiji would say, "Not to worrying be" I haven't been run over by a motorist or camel.

I'm trying to recuperate from this on and off cough/cold, mostly off, but I catch a chill whenever there's a 'problem with the hot water now'. I usually find out about the problem after I'm already in the shower, freezing, even though I always ask "Abi gaaram paani?" or "Gaaram paani milega?" (Now hot water? or Hot water is possible?) Of course, the reply is that hot water is always possible. Here's another funny saying I've learned, relating specifically to accomodations across the subcontinent:

Full Power
24 hour
No toilet
No shower

So I'm bundling off to bed, and not to worrying be, peeps. Everything's atcha. (good)

3 comments:

David Roche said...

Dear Eufemia: I have become addicted to your blog, it is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. The bad news: you have found your niche as a writer, you are a fountain of wisdom and your path in life is to wander through India forever blogging. You owe it to the world.
Love, love,
David
PS I speak some Latin from my seminary days, maybe
we could teach each other sacred languages.
Amo te,
Davidus

Eufemia said...

Mille grazie Davidus, received your notice by chariot of the upcoming scroll publication festivities, and felt sadness to be missing the event, and remembered I will still be able to ennjoy the scroll for many years to come. You must ensure the library at Alexandria receives a copy.
Ap prem, dost, ap prem.
(Love to you dear friend, love to you)
Eufemia

Anonymous said...

I had a dream last night that I called you in India. I remember saying to you at the end of our conversation that with everyone else, I always calculate the time difference, but with India, who knows? You might not have been very impressed. You'll have to let me know. :~)