Friday, May 16, 2008

A Day in the Life of Love

Love likes to get up early in the morning to greet the dawn
some days, Love likes to sleep in.

Love washes its face and brushes its teeth
sees signs of itself growing older –
through laugh lines gathering at its mouth
and in the maps of many smiles past,
showing up in the creases by its eyes

This makes Love very happy

Love likes to see itself as both the roots of an old growth Oak tree,
burrowing down towards the earth’s core,
as well as the branches swaying in the breeze, reaching skyward
leaves dancing in the air

Love likes to dance

Love snaps its fingers to jazz &
hums out of tune with the car radio
Love, as it turns out, likes to rock out,
Love likes to play the Harmonium
and belts out Kirtan at the top of its lungs.
Love likes to chant mantras & recite prayers,
sometimes Love sings in the shower

Love likes to play Scrabble & knows a few card tricks

Love likes to go for walks on bridges over rushing water
Love likes to trapeze without a net
Love likes to place its head in the jaws of a lion
some might think this means Love is a daredevil
and this makes Love laugh
because Love knows
it can never die

Love gets in a full day, tilling the fields, gathering the crops
& also finding time to take a nap
Love as mother watches over you when you sleep
Love as father carries you on his shoulders
Love is both the family you’re born into and the family you find

Love taps you on the shoulder
steps on your toes
bumps into you on the sidewalk
bumps into you in India

Love moves continents because Love is a verb

at the end of the day,
Love reflects on its journey and realises
it is itself the destination
with this new found awareness
Love joins hands with Gratitude & Devotion

Love has expanded –
which is all it ever came here to do

3 comments:

Nicky Dunbar said...

Omigod.
That is most beautiful thing I read in a long, long time.
You write?

So good to see you beautiful face.
So sorry I miss you chez Naam.
I schmooze.

xoox

Eufemia said...

no worry dearest, jes, I write it for friend wedding last year, and thank youse muchos, and and and so good to see you on stage.

You're mesmerizing to watch, even in disguise.

vaneSSa said...

okay so first of all, I came to visit your blog because I thought you might have DIES since I haven't heard from you in forEVS....and Is tumbled upon this work on beauty. It is fucking GORGEOUS.

Now listen to me. Get on your facebook INSTANTLY. READ my messages. And ANSWER me . This is imperative. Have you found some one else? I mean, what's with the lack on communicado I NEED ANSWERS WOMAN we are about to be reunited SO soon and I need approval.

And check out my blog. I updated.
http://thewayiseeit-vanessa.blogspot.com/

I miss you. PLEASE WRITE BACK. I can't believe I'm begging. Like an Indian. ON YOUR BLOG!

xxv