Friday, March 28, 2008

Things that Make You Go वहत?

The title is "Things that Make you go What?" cause I found out how to type in Hindi on this blogsite. I'm thrilled - it's the simple things in life really. You don't want to know how many times I thought I was just using the Caps Lock Key and ending up switching the keyboard to Hebrew. It meant I had to move to a new computer in frustration and embarrassment.

How does it go? Starve a cold, feed a fever? Since I feel like I'm battling both, I guess I'll take my no appetite feeling-self out for a stroll and see what I can russle up in the market. Or not. My skin has been so hot, too hot for days, possibly weeks.

Everybody ready: How hot was it?

If I could find an egg in Pushkar, I could fry it in the palm of my hand. Or on my elbow. Turns out I'm cooking, all over and everywhere.

Yeah, baby, that's cooking with kerosene.

My forehead, my knee, I can feel it coming from the inside out. It's been this way for a while. I felt warm in February when it was still cold at night and in the mornings. And I'm not the only one who has noticed my temperature has risen. That Ayurvedic phramacist mentioned it, the one how checked my pulse and could see that I was anaemic. (Then again I've heard rumours from sources that say that pharmacist thinks he can cure Aids. I heard it as a rumour, and when I was there yesterday to get cold balm, I realised it's actually painted and advertised on the wall outside his storefront "Can cure for Aids." Uhm, okey-dokey, moving right along now...)

My friend from Hotel Om also mentioned it when he shook my hand in greeting me good morning one day weeks ago: "Mia, I think you full power now, you feel heat alot."

So imagine, that was then, this is now. I dream of jumping into a snowbank. My skin feels like snakeskin even though I slather buckets of cream and oil on it. I'm trying not to worry about spontaneous combustion because like, the 'everyday- grocery-worry-list' is long enough and I've worn out several poor Guatemalan worry dolls this way already - worked them down till they were only a piece of thread.

And yesterday, this arrived in my hotmail inbox from one of those services I love, a service I signed up for a peppy inspirational email from these guys and I get one every day. I've had times where I just deleted those puppies without even reading them. Like weeks at a time - because it was a love-hate relationship sometimes. But the strength of love, it will always kick the arse out of hate, outta fear. Go love go! I'm feeling inspired! Maybe it's just the fever talking, I don't know. Well who cares, just hit my head, my nuggin and say "knock on bamboo!" The just start singing any song you feel like here:

Who am I to tell you what to sing? If you want to know the lyrics that were running through my head here they are: Do you believe in the power of love? I believe!

Here's what the personalised-like-writing-my-name-on-a-piece-of-rice-necklace email said:

Any and all forms of separation - disconnects, divides, partings, breakups, and goodbyes - Eufemia, are temporary. Very.
You'll be together far, far longer than you will ever be apart.
Your oneness, Eufemia, is pure truth; your separation is pure fantasy.

Forever and ever -
The Universe

Good huh? What timing the Universe has. And here I thought it worked in mysterious ways. Thanks, Universe. You Rock!

No comments: