Thursday, December 27, 2007

Escape from Ashram Alcatraz continued

Alright, now that I'm out, I am free to use the internet, free to use the phone, so I'm catching you all up on December.

Team Canada was in charge of Prasad, which is a gift from the Guru, and very special. Under some frantic conditions, we were trying to put everything together quickly all the while focusing our thoughts on blessings, and thoughts of gratitude and grace. Oh, it's an art you will work your whole life to master.

When we arrived at the train station, in Jaisidhi, I was ready to turn around and go home. As I said to my fellow companions on this wild trip, it was like being dropped into the middle of a Sally Struthers commercial. Now, in 3D, the world I usually avoided watching on television is my life for the next month. I was in the one of the poorest areas of India, and I started going into shock in Kolkata. Bihar was beyond that, in ways I still can't explain. Bell telephone commercials used to make me cry, okay? So imagine, my delicate (some say neurotic, but we're not close friends, just acquaintances) sensibilities under these conditions: I was still jetlagged, still thinking about that amazing chocolate fountain at the breakfast buffet in Singapore which cost more most people earn here in a month, the traffic in Kolkatta and then, I'm in the impoverished province of Bihar.

Apparently, this cafe's generator's going to blow so this ends this post. Sigh.

Happy Holy-days, everyone!

No comments: