Friday, December 5, 2008

Cry Baby

Last Friday, during all the dreadful events in Mumbai, I was woken up by my dad at 6:30 PST.

Eufemia: ....huh-low?

Papa: You see what's happen in da news?

Even though it's 6:30 a.m. and I'm barely aware that I'm a concious living thing, I know he's referring to the upsetting situation in Mumbai, and not the possible crisis in Canadian Parliament.

Papa: I say to myself thank God Eufemia no still there. They say this India's 9/11.

One guy said it. Quite the sound-bite. Then it becomes the headline, and now I've seen pictures of fellas with the giant numbers 26/11 written on the backs of their vests.

Eufemia: Papa, come on, I didn't even go to Mumbai.

Papa: Doesn't matter. India is India.

Can't argue with that logic.

Today, my dad calls at 7:30 a.m. and says "You see what's happen? What Governor General do? Because Stephen Harper go crying to her."

There are days when I love the guy so much it hurts.

No comments: